Who We Are
Organized in 1984, the Friends are Brainerd Memorial Library supporters who work to enrich library services in the community through volunteering, fundraising, and serving as advocates for the Library’s mission.
This is the Friends PayPal button to accept your generous donations!
Click Donate to Access PayPal.
There is no fee to your account.
Visit the Book Nook for the Best Deals on books and media year-round! For your convenience, there is a lockbox on the wall by the Book Nook or you can pay for your items upstairs, at the Circulation Desk. The Book Shed will re-open in the Spring.
Buy a Library Tote Bag for $15 and fill it with books, CDs, and/or DVDs for FREE.
· Focus attention on Brainerd Memorial Library
· Stimulate use of Library’s resources & services
· Aid in providing adequate library facilities
· Support the Library in developing library services & programs in the community
· Continue to support the freedom to read & free access to information
What We Do
· Promote the Library at community events
· Maintain the Friends’ Book Nook to sell used books & audio visual materials
· Offer BML merchandise [visit our mini shop in the rotunda!]
How We Help
· Support library programs
· Fund staff development
· Purchase recorded books
· Support the Museum Pass program
Friends’ membership is open to anyone interested in supporting & improving the service facilities of the Library. Membership categories are listed below in our PayPal menu & forms are available at the library or here:
Membership Form: Please fill out and return
Please consider attending a meeting. Willing volunteers are needed to help with activities, especially the maintenance of the Friends’ Book Nook.
The Friends usually meet each Thursday at 10:00am in the Community Room.